EU FUNDING ASSISTANT
Location : Brussels
Sector : Grant and association Management
Experience : Early Career
Apply By : Sept 15, 2017
Posted : July 10, 2017
Overall purpose of the traineeship:
To support the funding and programmatic advocacy work of E&S members, in relation to DEVCO, ECHO, H2020, COSME, AMIF,..by sharing information and supporting coordination among E&S Consulting team on EU funding related issues and raising E&S’s profile and visibility towards the EU institutions.
General Description of Tasks and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the General Manager, in close collaboration with the EU Funding Officer:
– Identify relevant EU Funding opportunities (H202 – COSME – AMIF – 3rd Health Program – DEVCO/NEAR – ECHO), review and share information and results with E&S Members:
- Monitor on a daily basis, funding opportunities at global and country level;
- Analyse E&S Members Annual Action Plans for thematic and geographic programmes;
- Match E&S Members action plans with EU funding opportunities and generate personalized reporting;
- Disseminate information about upcoming funding opportunities to relevant E&S Members;
- Assist in the follow-up of information requested to/from E&S Members;
- Support the EU Funding Officer in the consolidation and regular updating of the grants database;
- Support the EU funding Officer in the development of EU Consortiums that match funding opportunities.
- Suppport the EU funding Officer in the promotion of E&S consortiums toward E&S Members,
- Review and analyse E&S results with EC funding;
- Write articles for the E&S Quarterly report;
- Maintain E&S’s Intranet and server updated;
- Maintain an up-to-date contact database of relevant focal points and staff within E&S Members and EU institutions.
– Support the development of internal processes and tools at grants acquisition and implementation stages:
- Support the elaboration of tools for internal coordination, information sharing and quality assurance of project proposals submitted to the General Manager;
- Support the revision of project proposals submitted by E&S to EU institutions on behalf of participating E&S Members;
– Support the EU Funding Officer in the preparation of internal meetings and trainings around EU grants:
- Support the organization of strategic meetings with representatives from E&S Members;
- Support the organization of trainings/start-up workshops and ensure the coordination E&S Members as required;
- Support the preparation of online courses and webinars;
- Support the development of training packages.
– Support the EU Funding team with outreach and networking:
- Represent E&S at meetings with the European Institutions as well as within civil society networks;
- Support E&S staff when visiting the Brussels office for EC grants and advocacy reasons.
– Support E&S staff with other tasks as needed:
- Support the office with administration (e.g. logistics of meetings, minutes).
Skill Requirements for the Traineeship:
- A Master’s degree in human rights, political science, international development, law, international relations or any other specific field relevant to E&S’s work;
- A good understanding of the functioning of the European Union, development policy and humanitarian work, particularly relating to child rights and gender equality;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills;
- Team spirit and willingness to work in a multicultural team;
- Able to communicate effectively and to collaborate with colleagues in all the regions where E&S Members works;
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to work to a high standard, manage stress while prioritising multiple tasks and meeting deadlines;
- Fully computer-literate: skilled and confident user of office applications, especially MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Have a valid work permit for Belgium.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Working level of spoken and written French and/or Spanish;
- Previous experience in a related field (EU institutions, NGOs, etc);
- Strong affinity for working with figures and statistics.